How to cite the PRCTRC in your scientific articles?
Each publication, poster, press release, patent, or other document that results from NIH grant-supported research must include an acknowledgement and disclaimer such as:
“Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number U54MD007587. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.”
How to obtain a PubMed Central Identification (PMCID)?
The PubMed Central identification (PMCID) is a unique number assigned to a work that is posted to PubMed Central (PMC), a free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH) developed and managed by NIH’s National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
A PMCID is required for the demonstration of compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy for applicable works, three months post publication and beyond, noted in NIH applications, proposals and progress reports. Anyone submitting an application, proposal or report to the NIH must include the PMCID when citing applicable papers that they author or that arise from their NIH-funded research. Please access http://publicaccess.nih.gov/submit_process_journals.htm for additional information of the NIH Public Access Policy.
PRCTRC is encouraging all researchers to request and be in compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy. The Evaluation Core (EC) is available to help researchers with the PMCID request process for those publications that acknowledge the PRCTRC.
To better assist you, please submit the following to Mariela Lugo-Picó at email@example.com:
- Name and email of the author or co-author to be designated as the reviewer to complete NIH Manuscript Submission (NIHMS) approval tasks.
- Publication information such as title and journal.
- The final draft of the peer-reviewed manuscript accepted for journal publication (NOT the final published article that contains format and other stylistics aspects copyrighted by the journal). The final draft should include:
- Title page with author and affiliation information
- Main text of the manuscript
- Supplementary files (eg., online, electronic)
IMP: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TIFF, JPEG, PDF format are accepted
- In order to complete the NIHMS process to include your manuscript in PubMed Central obtain a PMCID for your publication, its required to have one of the following accounts:
- NIH, eRA Commons, HHS AMS, My NCBI, or HHMI.
Don’t have an account? Please register for an NCBI account at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/account/register/
If you have any questions, please contact us!