1. Support to minority investigators in scientific writing for manuscripts and proposals.
Academic Editing Services
The editors agree to perform the following:
- Proofreading for grammar, spelling, punctuation, language use and expression.
- Stylistic editing to clarify meaning, eliminate jargon, polish language, assure smoothness and clarity, while maintaining the author’s voice and style.
- Send back the manuscript to the corresponding author with tracked changes and editor’s comments or queries.
How to Request Services
- Go to http://prctrc.rcm.upr.edu/
- At For Researchers, click Request Services.
- For proposals, go to Proposal/Grant Preparation
- For manuscripts, go to the Post Data Collection Activities
- Then, proceed to fill out the application form, selecting Scientific Writing Unit under the PRCTRC Core Request.
PRCTRC Grant Support
- Comprehensive Literature Search
- Guía rápida de Mendeley
- SWU Roadmap to NIH Proposal part 1: Research Idea, Preliminary Aims, Letter of Intent
- SWU Roadmap to NIH Proposal part 2: Specific Aims, Significance, Innovation
- SWU Roadmap to NIH Proposal part 3: What is your Science Storyline? Introducing the New NIH Biographical Sketch Format
- SWU Roadmap to NIH Proposal part 4: Research Approach, Timetable and Budget
- Budget and Justification 2016
- Form PHS 398 Budget and Justification
- Health Disparities Webinar Part 1: Novel approaches to understanding and addressing health disparities research
- Health Disparities Webinar Part 2: Methodologies for health disparities research
- Health Disparities Webinar Part 3: Opportunities for interventions to reduce health disparities: A walk through the scientific literature
- Writing for a Biomedical Publication Part 1: Understanding the initiation of the publishing process
- Writing for a Biomedical Publication Part 2: Elements of a manuscript for publication
- Writing for a Biomedical Publication Part 3: Submission, review, revision and publication process
- Deana Hallman, MD
- SWU Leader, UPR-MSC
- Mariela Torres, DrPH
- SWU Coordinator, UPR-MSC
- María D. González Pons, PhD
- SWU Editor, UPR-MSC
- Mary H. Mays, PhD
- BIC Leader & SWU Editor