Dear Investigators, Coordinators and PRCTRC Staff:
The PRCTRC Administration is providing limited services during this emergency. If you plan to use PRCTRC facilities and support during the next three weeks, you will need to comply with the Guide for Management and Continuity of Research Project during an Emergency from the Deanship for Research and this PRCTRC Emergency Plan:
- Only those clinical studies that provide essential treatment and/or medication to participants need to continue research activities (those that are strictly necessary).
- All other studies should be postponed until April 12th or further notice.
- All investigators should re-evaluate the subject’s risk/benefit ratio during this emergency. High risk patients (elderly, immunocompromised, chronic respiratory diseases) should not be exposed.
- Limited number of participants will be scheduled per day (only up to 4 subjects) to avoid agglomeration in the waiting area.
- Investigators and Coordinators need to call their subjects and notify the cancelation of visits.
- If your study provides essential treatment and/or medication to participants, and you plan to use PRCTRC support, you need to:
- Contact Mrs. Bárbara Guzman, Nursing Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the participant for phone screening; make sure the subject is not sick nor has COVID-19 symptoms/risk factors.
- During this period:
- You may NOT access PRCTRC facilities without authorization.
- There is only one entrance, the main entrance, where all persons (without exception) will be screened (temperature and questions) before accessing the PRCTRC facilities.
- You may NOT use the back door (UDH entrance).
- Any person that refuses to follow the screening process, may be denied access to the Center.
- You will need to observe precaution measures, using personal protective equipment and cleaning all surfaces and equipment with disinfectant wipes.
The study Investigator needs to be available during the visit to PRCTRC facilities.